Monday, June 2, 2008

When it rains, it pours - our weekend

And I don't mean the crazy storms from Friday night either...
Friday after work/school, G and I decided to go to my parent's house for dinner and to spend the night. We were going with sis and her boys to see Go Diego Go at "The Fabulous Fox" in STL and would be meeting them at 8am so we opted for a sleep over instead.
Saturday morning we went to STL to see Diego. Had AWESOME seats... 3rd row. When we got back to Girard, sis & I went to the "family storage unit" to "shop" for summer clothes... [I couldn't find ANYTHING. Too much other people stuff on top of mine.] After that, went back to mom's to get G and head home. I hadn't driven my car since Friday night until we went to the storage unit and it was driving ok then... About 15 mins down the road from my parent's house, my car started driving "funny" and my service engine soon light was on. It would go from a stop fine, but when it went to shift into each subsequent gear, it jerked and acted like it wasn't getting gas. Long story (kinda) short, after church yesterday - which it drive fine to, I took it to my Bro's friend's shop and he hooked it up and found the code to be a transmission problem (really??!? LOL Never would've guessed that). So... today I dropped it off at the place that was recommended to me... It could be a $1,000 fix. UGH!! I don't have $1,000 AND on top of that, it needs new tires (desperately) and windshield wipers... Any my tenant's A/C unit is froze up AND the front window in my livingroom broke when the window came crashing down.
Happy Monday... It's looking like it could be a $2,000 day for me. I need to go talk to a banker for a short term personal loan.

No comments: