Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What's on my mind....

I had lunch with an old HS friend yesterday. She's been married for 7 years and has a 2 yr old daughter and a 13 yr old step son. As you know, I'm single (widowed) with a 7 yr old daughter. We got to talking about my life "adventures" lately. I admit, I have been having fun the last 2 months with my singledom and she was loving my stories. She actually said to me that she was jealous. Jealous of my being single and fun things I've been doing. And I have had some fun lately flirting, being flited with... but, I've been the married girl too and I'm thinking... I preferred being married. I prefer having someone there for me... whenever. And I know I'd certainly LOVE to have a partner in parenting. It'd be SO nice to NOT be the only one to dole out discipline; the only one to deal with the attitude of a 7 year old girl.
I was just talking with another friend and she is single like me only without a child. I'm actually kind of jealous of her. She is free to do what she wants when she wants. If she feels like running out and meeting a friend (guy, whatever) at 9pm, she goes... Unless I pay a sitter, my "free" time is limited to every other weekend for 48 hours. She was telling me about how she met a guy she'd been chatting with last night... she told him she just wanted to be friends and he wants more and we lamented together about our situations. What is it with us… the one’s that want us, we don’t want and the ones we want, don’t want us?!?! That’s just SO wrong!! I think, I’m deciding this RIGHT NOW, that I’m going to accept any and all dates and just have fun… not even think about where it could go. Just be a dating gal… No relationship.. unless one develops. THAT’s my New Year’s resolution.
So... that kind of didn't go in the direction I intended but... I have a question.. Which do you prefer? Being single or being married?

1 comment:

just a girl... said...

being single. I just got out of a 3 year realationship and I am sooooooooooo looking forward to it being about me.