Well, Friday after work, my SIL and neice followed me to G's school and we surprised her. We then went home, got freshened up and headed to the Botanical Gardens at Washington Park for pictures. We had hoped for some pictures with all the tulips... but they were gone. SIL got some great shots of G and A... I don't care for pictures of me. I KNOW I'm overweight but I just don't realize just how fat I am until I see pictures of me. YUCK! Anyway, after that, we headed to Bro & SIL's for... Pizza on the grill. They were really good. I need to get the recipe.
The next day, G & I went to 6 Flags for the day. We had a fun time but dingy me packed the sun block, bur forgot to put it on us. Our shoulders are a bit red (I think mine are worse... I told G it was because I'm a foot closer to the sun than she is). We left 6 Flags (where I might mention gas prices down there are at least $0.30 cheaper than they are here) around 5:30 and got home close to 8. We went to Walgreens and go some Aloe Vera gel (Green Green) to soothe our shoulders, showered and crashed out.
Sunday, we got up and went to Church. I've been going when G's with TF but G hadn't been in a while. I told her we are going to starta going regularily. She was not happy about it because she wouldn't be in the Children's church or Sunday School rooms with her cousin. She'd been upset and crying about not being able to be with A all week. When we got there and were shown where G would be, she cried. Big old tears... it almost felt like dropping her off at day care for the 1st time all over again. But... she made my day when I went to her Sunday School classroom to get her and her first words to me were "This church is SO FUN!!! I want to come every week!" YEAH!!! I knew she'd like it... she tends to be a bit shy and she was upset that she wouldn't know anyone. But I kept telling her she'll meet new friends. Anyway, it all worked out and now she's excited about church and I couldn't be happier. Now we need to get a children's bible story book... she's been asking me alot of questions lately and I'm really hoping we can find a book geared at children that can help me answer her questions.
5 weeks from yesterday we will be heading to Mexico for the mission trip. I'm very excited and nervous at the same time... but more excited. I can already feel that this trip is going to change my life and I'm SO looking forward to it.
Valentine Pajamas for My Girl
1 year ago
2 comments:
We have a Bible Storyboook that we love...it's called "Little Girls Bible Storybook for Mother's and Daughters". Todd got it for us at the local Christian Bookstore, but I think Walmart and Kmart carry it too...Just a suggestion :-))
Tracy
Hey I just found your blog from my sitemeter. I hope you don't mind;)
I totally know what you mean about not realizing your size until you see yourself in a picture. And I've discovered that as much as I wish it made a difference, loosing 18 pounds doesn't look much different. I may need to work on more and hope it helps.
Fun to see your blog.
Post a Comment